LibreOffice is a powerful GUI application for word processing, spreadsheet calculation and database management. The installation RCC hosts currently contains:
- LibreOffice Base
- LibreOffice Calc
- LibreOffice Draw
Using LibreOffice on RCC Systems
Before beginning, make sure you are connected to the FSU VPN.
1. Open a Web Browser and navigate to ood.rcc.fsu.edu (see our Open OnDemand Documentation).
2. In Open OnDemand, open the Interactive Apps tab and select RCC Desktop
3. Now set up a simple job. An example of how to fill out the next screen follows (modify as needed for your task):
4. Click the "Launch" button. You will get a screen with a blue box indicating the job is waiting for resources:
5. When the job starts (box will turn green), click the "Launch Desktop" button
6. In the desktop, open a terminal:
7. In the terminal, simply type libreoffice
8. LibreOffice should open and from here you will be able to interact with it as you would on your personal computer.