Agisoft Metashape is a stand-alone software product that performs photogrammetric processing of digital images and generates 3D spatial data to be used in GIS applications, cultural heritage documentation, and visual effects production as well as for indirect measurements of objects of various scales
Using Metashape on RCC Resources
Note: You must be a member of the IDHI compute group to run Metashape. If you want to run this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request membership
Metashape is available as Standard (licensed) and Professional (demo). These are only available to run on Open OnDemand Desktop.
First to get your data onto the HPC: see https://docs.rcc.fsu.edu/storage/data-transfer/ or if your files are small, you can upload them directly from Open OnDemand under the Files tab.
To Run Metashape-Standard on Open OnDemand
- Open Interactive Apps > Desktop
- Set the number of hours to how long you need to run your model
- Set number of cores 16
- Set memory to minimum 32G
- Set number of nodes 1
- Set slurm account to idhicompute
- Check GPU box
- Check email notifications if you would like
- Click Launch
- Once Desktop has started Launch Desktop
- Open Terminal
- Run command module load metashape-standard
- Run command metashape
- The Agisoft Metashape window will pop up
- Now you can use Agisoft Metashape the same way you use it on your local computer!
We are currently working on an Open OnDemand app for Agisoft Metashape Standard Edition.
Tutorials can be found here: https://www.agisoft.com/support/tutorials/