The Research Computing Center engages with both the FSU Research Community and partners all over the world.
The RCC participates in the following consortiums:
- Sunshine State Education and Research Computing Alliance (SSERCA) - SSERCA is an alliance of Florida Universities with the mission to further the development of a state-wide computational science infrastructure of advanced scientific computing, communication and education resources by promoting cooperation between Florida's universities.
- XSEDE - The Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment is a National Science Foundation effort to provide resource to supercomputing facliities across the nation. XSEDE provides educational, collaborative, and computing resource to researchers and research computing facilities.
- Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation - Founded in 1989, the Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation (CASC) is an educational nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with 64 member institutions representing many of the nation’s most forward thinking universities and computing centers.
- Southeastern Universities Research Association (SURA) - U.S. Department of Energy through Jefferson Science Associates - a SURA/Computer Sciences Corporation joint venture. It also operates the SURA Residence Facility, accommodating national and international researchers who use JLab's unique facilities.
The RCC partners with the following technology vendors:
- DellXL - Dell XL is a self-sustained consortium of computing centers that employ large-scale Dell systems. With the participation of Dell and Dell partners, the consortium members meet twice a year to exchange technology information and cooperate on projects to enhance the scalability of cluster computing.
- Panasas, Inc - Panasas is a global leader in parallel storage solutions for the High Performance Computing (HPC) market. Panasas is the primary storage system on the FSU High Perforamnce Computing Cluster.
- DataDirect Networks - DDN is a storage leader across many industries. RCC utilises the DDN Web Object Store system to provide NoleStor to the campus research community.
FSU Research Groups
- AeroPropulsion, Mechatronics and Energy (AME) Group
- Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine
- Center for Oceanographic and Atmospheric Prediction Studies
- Center for Real Estate Education and Research
- College of Business
- College of Communication and Information
- College of Engineering
- College of Medicine
- College of Social Work
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Science
- Institute for Digital Information and Scientific Communication
- Institute for Molecular Biophysics
- National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
- Psychology Department
- Scientific Computing