Globus is the recommended way to transfer data to and from RCC resources. This workshop will provide a hands-on, example-driven overview of Globus and its many capabilities.
Specifically, we will cover:
- What Globus is, and what it can do for you
- Creating a Globus account
- Transferring data through the web interface
- Globus Connect Personal endpoints
- The Globus CLI
- Automating Globus transfers
This workshop will be led by RCC Systems Specialist, Cameron Berkley. Cameron is our resident expert on Globus, in addition to managing and maintaining may critical aspects of our deployment and configuration system.
The location of these workshops is Dirac Science Library Room 152 (map). NOTE: The entrance is located on the southeast corner of the building, across from the Oceanography building next to the parking garage. Use that entrance, not the main library entrance.