Open OnDemand provides access to HPC resources through your web browser.
Connecting to Open OnDemand
Note: To use Open OnDemand from off-campus, you must first be connected to the FSU VPN.
- If you're off-campus, make sure that you are connected to the VPN.
- Open your browser and enter https://ood.rcc.fsu.edu into the address bar.
- Enter your FSUID and your RCC System Password into the login box that appears.
Accessing the Shell
- From the navigation bar on the top of the page, click "Clusters".
- In the drop-down that appears, click ">_ HPC Shell Access".
- The shell will open in a new window or tab.
Invoking an Interactive Desktop
- From the navigation bar on the top of the page, click "Interactive Jobs".
- Select "Rcc Desktop" from the drop down.
- Fill out the number of resources you need for your job.
- Select a partition to run your job (you can leave this blank, which will cause the job to run in our genacc_q partition).
- Choose whether you want to be notified via email when your job starts.
- Click "Launch"
- When your interactive job has started, click "Launch RCC Desktop".
- From here, you can run GUI apps (MATLAB, fastqc, Jupyter, RStudio, etc.)