A server rack installed in the Sliger Data Center should be well-maintained in a safe condition and available for inspection and viewing.
- Rack will have an exterior RCC rack identification label.
- Rack feet must be secured.
- Exterior rack sides must be installed.
- Rack doors must be able to close; cabling must be contained entirely within the rack.
- Rack-to-rack cabling must be installed under the floor or between racks by removing rack sides.
- No cables are to be outside the rack, around doors, etc.
- Under floor cabling to be neat. No large piles of cable or tangled messes under the floor.
- Servers must be racked on rails or on rack shelves.
- Rack doors must be left unlocked at all times unless key provided to RCC.
- Floor area surrounding racks must be kept free of debris.
- Switch components must be installed at top of racks.
- Patch panels must be installed directly beneath switches.
- Make FSU Property Tags visible, document serial numbers before racking servers.
- Rack PDUs must be labeled with Floor PDU circuit specifications.
- Floor PDU 30-Amp whips will be yellow and Floor PDU 60-Amp whips will be blue.
- No power strips are allowed.
- Customers must provide RCC with primary and secondary hardware/software email and phone contacts.
- Customers are responsible for rack and server installation, maintenance and warranties.
- Install IP KVM equipment for remote server management.
- Console components should be installed at 17U-20U.
- Remove unused power and network cabling.
- Label Rack PDU outlets with name of server plugged into each outlet.
- Use server cable management arms.
- Maintain record of switch ports utilized by each server.